- Heat dark chocolate and cream over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat and add flavoring. Cool completely, stirring every now and then to keep mixed well. Cover and store in fridge overnight, make sure it is completely cooled first! I think it is best to divide into two smaller bowls, it makes working with the chocolate easier - it melts so fast in your hands!
- Next day roll chocolate mixture into bite sized balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Work fast because the chocolate melts quickly!
- Let harden in freezer for about 30 minutes, half of mine hardened for about five hours since baby woke up! They seemed to turn out just fine. :)
- Melt white chocolate 6 ounces at a time in microwave per box instructions.
- Cool slightly and drop one cold truffle into chocolate mixture. Pick up with candy fork and spoon chocolate on top. Work quickly and set on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Stir left over white chocolate and spread on wax paper too. It will make great bark!
- Let chocolate harden and then store in fridge until ready to eat...if you can wait that long!
Melting chocolate (I used Baker's - one box of semi-sweet and one box of white).
- In two separate bowls melt six ounces semi-sweet and 6 ounces white chocolate in microwave per box instructions.
- Spread semi-sweet chocolate on wax paper lined cookie sheet and drop white chocolate on top. Marble/swirl with knife.
- Let cool in fridge and break into bite size pieces.
2 ounces semi-sweet melting chocolate (the 2 ounces left over from making marble bark)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Melt two ounces chocolate in microwave per box instructions.
- Stir in extract.
- Spread onto wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cool in fridge and break into bite sized pieces.